Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

LG 42LD550 LCD HDTV - Seeing is Believeing

LG 42LD550 42-Inch 1080p 120 Hz LCD HDTV

Seeing is Believeing
I am very pleased with the LG capability. It receives movies from Net Flix thru my DSL connection. It was easy to program. It also receives extra HD stations thru the basic cable service. I was previously viewing from a Sharp 32" LC-32D43U Aquos 2008 TV but was only able to receive Net Flix thru a graphics accelerator card connection from my Dell Computer by HDMI connection. I receive a lot better quality sound from this LG. Adjustments are easier to make for the picture and sound. The quality will be remembered long after the price that was paid will have been forgotton.

Enjoying TV, nice picture, great features.
TV is great for the type (LCD) and price. The picture is bright, good contrast, and very smooth. The menu/remote are very comfortable...overall the picture is very nice. Aesthetically, the TV looks great as well...no cheesy features or decorations. This is my first LG product and I'm very pleased with this set. Also added the wireless adapter ($70). The entire setup and interface are very intuitive. This is a kids TV and they had Netflix down in no time (even the 5 year old). My only wish would be a backlit remote control.

Only complaint at all is with shipping. It did not ship on time and there was no communication from the shipping company. Ultimately, I had to contact the shipper to make an appointment (was stated that they would contact me). Once I called them, they drove it over the next day (Saturday). All in all, still very pleased.

I think it's love.
I had been planning on buying a new tv for quite a while, and did as much reading and research as time would permit. I kept coming back to the LG 42LD550. What really sold me on it was the Netcast (powered by the WiFi USB dongle), super-high contrast ratio, wireless-ready, and the price. The price! Man, a tv like this would have cost several thousand dollars a few years ago.

At any rate, I've been working this set for about 2 weeks now, and I love it. The picture quality is amazing, it's very responsive, the remote is very good, and even the speakers are decent. If you spring for the wireless box, you have the option of mounting it straight on the wall with no unsightly cables hanging off of it (or being routed through the drywall). Now it makes for a beautiful centerpiece of my entertainment center, which the wife loves to show off (win-win).

The World Cup is going to look mighty nice in HD on this tv!

Articles by amazon.com click here read review more spec & features

0 comments:

Post a Comment