Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, October 20, 2014

Deal : Coby LEDTV2326 23-Inch 1080p 60Hz LED HDTV/Monitor (Black)


User Reviews

Nice to look at...painful to listen to...doesn't last long (UPDATE)
By D. Bouley on June 2, 2011
Size Name: 23-Inch
7/30/14 UPDATE - I took the TV apart to see if I could find anything to explain the edgelight dropping out randomly, and did find a ribbon cable with a very loose connection. I re-seated it and haven't seen any issues so far. I also found a label on the LCD panel itself that explains why the picture quality is as good as it is - my unit has a Samsung panel. For this I am adding back one star. I can't add more because the average consumer shouldn't have to disassemble their TV to get it to work properly.

11/14/11 UPDATE (moved to the top per commenter suggestion) - after five short months of use, the LED edgelight is failing. It will start to flicker, then go completely black. If you look closely, you can see that the LCD screen is still producing an image, but there is no backlight. With the piddly 90 day warranty, I'm out $200. Stick to the major brands. Don't buy this.

I bought the Coby LEDTV2326 after researching affordable tvs to replace a failing Audiovox LCD TV/DVD combo I've had in my kitchen for six years. It gets a lot of use, as the kitchen is the hub of our house. I decided to forego the built-in DVD player, as convenient as it has been, because I wanted to keep the price down, and I have two extra DVD players just collecting dust in the basement. One sits atop the fridge now.

Upon unboxing, I was impressed with the thin, sleek build of the Coby. Five minutes later it was hooked up and searching for channels...it's that easy. I have it connected to standard cable, so it found the expected 58 or so SD channels. I was surprised to see that it also found 45 HD channels...I expected some, thanks to its QAM tuner, but not nearly that many. Bonus.

HD picture quality is beautiful. I can't say anything more.Read more ›
13 Comments  Was this review helpful to you?
Yes
No
115 of 121 people found the following review helpful
Decent TV at a great price; Perfect for saving money.
By Glenn on July 22, 2011
Size Name: 15-Inch
Knowing that the difference in quality of small television sets is marginal, I was willing to try an off-brand set. I picked up the Coby LEDTV1526 from a local electronic store chain for $88. The TV was a bargain for what I paid, despite its shortcomings. I bought it primarily to use as a monitor (which it does fine through the HDMI input but with some problems with the VGA input), but it works fine as a TV as well. In general, the picture is just as good as that of my 32" Vizio, and the sound is loud enough for any SMALL room. The small size and low weight of this set make it ultra-portable too. The remote works fine, and I like its build quality and large buttons. The energy use of this set is incredibly low; According to the energy guide label, you can expect to use three dollars of energy in a YEAR if you use the set five hours a day. The set has a few problems that can definitely be overlooked for the price, but I feel should be known:

1. The viewing angle is awful. You need to look at it dead-on, or colors start to go. Not a problem from close distances or if you can position it so that it will be watched dead-on.
2. The TV angles slightly upward (I think < 5 Degrees), but I'm not sure exactly how much. I may have set it up wrong, but I wouldn't know that because it doesn't come with instructions on how to attach the base. I know Coby is a cheap brand, but come on!
3. My unit had a glaringly obvious, bright green dead pixel, and the store I bought it from had a "no returns" policy. It isn't worth paying $50 to ship to and from Coby for a replacement, though. Obviously not a problem if purchased from Amazon, though it speaks somewhat of Coby's hit-or-miss quality control.
4. Only 1 HDMI input (common problem for TVs this size).Read more ›






0 comments:

Post a Comment