Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, October 20, 2014

Samsung UN60F6400 60-Inch 1080p 120Hz 3D Slim Smart LED HDTV

User review

By Georgia 
This is a superb TV with lots of connection options. It is also 3D.

About the 3D. I did not buy this TV for the 3D capability. I think it is a gimmick. After viewing some 3D content off the Samsung app, I still think it is a gimmick. Sure, it is fun to watch for a little bit. But the 3D experience on a TV is not like at IMAX. There are too many other things in the room that distract you from the picture.

However, you should still buy this TV. It costs about $100 more than the 6300 (or 6350) but is well worth it? Why? Because for that money you get "micro-dimming". This feature is worth it! The blacks are really black and the picture works well even in a brightly lit room (and my room has lots of windows). Also, the micro-dimming removes glare. Here is how that works. When the TV is off, there is a lot of glare on my screen. Turn on the TV and the glare disappears. Amazing.

You can read other reviews for the optimum settings. I am connected to a Yamaha receiver using a single HDMI cable on the ARC (Audio Return Channel) and I get great 5.1 surround sound.

What if you pay more? You gain little (some more 3D glasses) by going up one step to the 7100 (7050). Go up to the 7500 and you get better micro-dimming. The 8000 gives you even better micro-dimming. The 9000 is a 4K TV. In my mind none are worth the substantial cost increase for the features that are added.

In summary, for me this TV is the best value in the Samsung line. A superb picture and plenty of features for a very reasonable price.


0 comments:

Post a Comment