Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Deal : Digicom PMA-5031 40-70-Inch Universal Tilting TV Mount



User Reviews

By Austin Hastings on February 4, 2010
Verified Purchase
I bought this to mount my 
and it works a treat. I've posted a couple of product pictures. The kit included the screws 
needed to mount this TV. The TV has a flat back, so I didn't need the included 
curve-compensating spacers.

The mount holds the TV about 2-3 inches from the wall, which is pretty good considering 
that it allows 30 degrees of tilt adjustment. The tilt adjustment is controlled with two 
tensioning knobs that are operated by reaching in from the sides. This is a little inconvenient 
on my Sharp, since the TV brackets are close to the middle, forcing me to reach waaaay in to 
turn the adjustment knobs. (IMO, this is Sharp's fault.)

The only thing missing from this product is a fine leveling adjustment feature for use after 
the bracket is on the wall. As currently shipped, you have to get the lag bolts positioned 
just exactly right, or the wall bracket won't be level, and the wall bracket determines the 
TV's angle. (This is a question of millimeters, so it's not the end of the world if you don't get 
it perfect. But that's the difference between 4 and 5 stars.)

If your wall is rough (I have paneling) it can be tricky to exactly position a drilled hole. 
I recommend you grab a small nail, like a finish nail or a picture-frame nail. Use the nail 
(and a hammer, if needed) to make an exactly positioned hole, then expand the hole with 
a small drill bit. Keep using increasingly larger bits until you have the size hole you need. 
This doesn't take very long with a keyless chuck drill, and it lets 
you be as precise as possible.Read more ›
  

By paint on August 13, 2008
Verified Purchase
I am not a handyman. I was a-feared. Can I do it. I paid 1200 dollars for this TV. Am I going to 
destroy it? Luckly, instillation was easy. I installed two tv's with this device and the sense of 
accomplishment still hasn't left me. I am very proud of this purchase. I give this product three 
thumbs up. That means I had to borrow a thumb from my neighbor to write this review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment