Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, November 3, 2014

Samsung PN60F8500 60-Inch 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV Review


User Reviews

By KD on July 27, 2013

I did lots and lots of research before I settled on this TV. I am not the type of person who 
buy a TV only to find issues with it then do the old swapperoo with another one only to find 
another thing I dislike about it. I bought this only after very extensive research and due 
diligence.  What I look for in a good TV: great picture quality, great side viewing quality, 
accurate colors, bright and punchy whites, high contrast, black blacks, great SmartTV 
features, Netflix, media streaming, good enough input lag to play games, and as future 
proof as possible.  It looks like I'm asking a lot right? There couldn't possibly be a TV that 
fit all these criteria could there? Fortunately  for me, there is! When it comes to great picture 
quality and side viewing, LCD/LED TV's are quickly eliminated. Winner Plasma. That was 
quick! I absolutely hated the faded contrast from side viewing, uneven brightness, and 
graish blacks on the LCD/LED TVs. The problem with most Plasmas are that they look 
faded during the day. Some of the top modern plasmas have done fairly well in that area.

I narrowed my TV's down to the Samsung F8500 and the VT60/ZT60. I did comparisons 
of the TV's at a brick and mortar store and found that I'm drawn more toward the F8500 
with each comparison. Every single reviewer out there claims "black blacks" as if that is 
the epitome of great picture quality. Do I buy a TV to stare at a black screen? I tried as 
hard as I could, but I just could not see the differences between the blacks of the ZT60 
and the F8500 in a normal lit area. I'm sure in absolute darkness, I can probably see a 
difference. However, this TV will be my main TV in my living room with windows all around 
and 4 recess lights above it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment