Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Why I Write Screenplays and Novels

Why do I want to write? The first reason is that I have something to share, ideas, experiences and a great desire to share some of the things I have learned about screenwriting and writing a new book about my career, which is almost completed.

I enjoy the creative aspects of the writing experience, and even the re-writing process that comes later and is mandatory to be successful. Screenwriting is very tough, first in completing your project and secondly in trying to sell your screenplay or even getting an agent to read your screenplay.

I have found over the last year that writing a book about my now completed IT career is far easier than writing a screenplay. I have written 3 screenplays so far, and I am most proud of my first screenplay about a high school athlete who longs for the good old days and all the glory he missed out on because of an injury that ended his football career in his senior idea. What you need first before starting a new screenplay is a great idea, for me that is by far the biggest challenge. I find writing dialog easy, but coming up with a great story is quite another matter.

You can actually pay people to read your screenplay with something that is called "script coverage", but from my experience a year ago, I just don't recommend anyone do this. Its not worth the money to have someone read your script with a 95% chance that it will get a PASS grade. If you get a Recommend then what? There is no guarantee that anything will happen even after your script is recommended. There are far cheaper ways to get someone with some knowledge of screenwriting to read your script.

Writing my book has been far easier because that has been all about writing about all the many things I had to live through over 30 years to make a living in the world of IT (Information Technology) which includes over 25 years as an independent contractor. My old field is not easy and gets harder every year because there are so many new technologies you are required to master and this list grows every day. Since 2006 for example, about 30 more JAVASCRIPT libraries has followed the invention of JQUERY which was a great new technology which simplified the writing of JAVASCRIPT code for working with the DOM (Document Object Model) which is the language of the browser. There is a ton of things to know which greatly increases the stress of working in this difficult field.

My book is in its last stages of review and editing and its about 646 pages now, of experiences both good and bad, lots of stress and dues I have paid.

Retired IT professional, Option Trader, Novelist

Screenwriting Tips

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Joe_J_Caruso

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/8794094


Movies

0 comments:

Post a Comment