Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

VIZIO E500i-B1 50-Inch 1080p Smart LED HDTV Review



By Armand Gerardi 

I just lost my Samsung 46 inch top of the line when after only 3 years the picture developed a bad screen. Broke my heart but I realized even Samsung gets bad parts now and then. I take super care of my electronics as I kept this LCD in new condition right up to its death. Three years? I told the Samsung rep on the phone. He just said it was out of warranty, so long story short I decided against another Samsung. I did a solid week of reading reviews and numerous visits to my local stores watching and adjusting several brands before deciding on a 55 inch LG or Vizio as my choices. I hated the new LG's magic remote( works like a mouse on the screen) but I also heard that the Vizio had lame apps on their smart E & the better M series. Just last week I walked into my local "S" club and a guy was setting up the new 2014 E series B-2. He told me they were the first to get them. The vizio rep happened to be there and he pointed out that they re-vamped all the smart apps and told me of the new back-lit 12 panel led zone, which even the 2013 high tech "M" series didn't have. After fiddling with the contrast and temp colors I was able to get a fantastic picture.Bought it, brought it home and set it up.Wow! I was pretty impressed to find a $700 TV that can go up against a $1500 TV. . Vizio also now has a smaller front frame edge measureing 10mm. only 2 mm less than last year but it makes for an almost invisable frame. Another bonus...Vizio ups the speaker wattage from 10 to 15 watts. Not mindblowing but way improved from the muffled speaker sound that is associated with most down pointed speakers that seems to be standard with most HGTV's. Bottom line I love it. Its good to see a company like Vizio upping their game with internal improvements instead of a cosmetic makeover like a lot of other companies.

By TACHRIS 

Had this for a week. Great blacks and detail. After a couple hours of picture tuning I have an excellent TV for Blu-rays and games. Not using apps much other than Netflix via PS3. Again Picture and 120HZ motion is great for everything especially for around $700.

TURN OFF Active LED control. Makes movie faces look like wax and smoothed over. It also reduced color which I found unnecessary.
You're better off turning off all "advanced picture settings" which makes the picture look too processed and noisy.

UPDATE: This will give you an amazing HD picture. Took me 3 months to get it down. Enjoy!

Start with "Normal" pic mode
Color Temperature: Custom
Backlight 45 to 50
Brightness 40
Contrast 78
Color 54
Tint -1
Sharpness 30

Keep film mode to Auto.

If you're a gamer switch to Game mode with these pic settings and you're good to go!

Over time the picture/LEDs are settling in very nice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment