Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Samsung UN32H5203 32-Inch 1080p 60Hz Smart LED TV Review



User Reviews

By MM 
I got this TV specifically to use as a secondary monitor for my macbook air so I'll review it as that initially.

Resolution is good, I'm running it via thunderbolt->HDMI and extended monitor mode. 1920x1080. Text is very readable and there is no flicker that would cause eye strain. I'm surprised and pleased with it as a monitor. You do need to use the remote to go to tools->picture size and set to 'screen fit' to size it properly, but after that you're good to go!

I did play with the other features of the TV. Initial setup is easy but time consuming. I joined it to my wifi network without difficulty, but the upgrades took almost half an hour. Once that was complete however it's network connected and ready to go.

Hit the 'smart hub' button on the remote and you'll be taken to a default list of apps. Netflix was the one I was interested in. I signed in with my account and it properly allowed me to select my profile. Once into the app you'll find it's a bit difficult to navigate. No clue as to how you should search, you can only scroll around and select things. Selecting a movie, you'll find it might take long time to load. The quality on newer movies is typically great HD.

Try to do anything in the movie such as FF, turn on subtitles, etc... however and things can go bad quick. At one point the movie started a slow motion jerky frame by frame thing and I was unable to exit the subtitles menu or do anything at all with the remote. I had to unplug the TV to get it back.

It's a nice idea to have wifi and built in apps on your TV. If they work. The good news is this is just software and can be improved. The TV itself has a very nice sharp picture, works great as a monitor and isn't ultra spendy. My rating is based on this rather than the quality of the apps.

By rcapen 
spent hours with tec. support trying to get app but couldn't. Samsung said that the tv was to new(just started coming out a few weeks ago not supposed to be out till July) and they didn't set up the program for the apps yet but they are working on it, they said it could take a day or a week a month or more they didn't know when the apps will be out, I can not figure out why the heck they put out a tv before they had the apps for it (like buying a new car and the dealer telling you the engine for it will be in sometime soon) it is a nice tv (I think) other then not having the apps. I think I will hang on to this tv I have 30 days to return it if apps aren't available in 28 days will send the set back , if the apps come out I will maybe change my review.

I changed my review of this 32 inch tv because they have the apps now hbo go, netflix,amazon prime ext, the only problem I have now is that there are to many useless apps that clutter everything up. and processor is slow other then that is a nice tv now I just wish that they didn't come out with it until they had all the apps.





0 comments:

Post a Comment